
My new job as the campus's mission week coordinator is going well. I met with the board of the COG missions Wednesday for the first time, and met a lot of really neat people. I'm learning so many new things, and can't wait for November for it all to go off. Fundraising is going strong, and we have already gotten about 5,000 dollars from tshirt sales alone. This year we will be sponsoring a deaf school in Honduras, and I sincerely hope to help lead a trip to the orphanage this December.
Yesterday a large group of us went down to the Ocoee River about an hour south of us. We had a good time (except for the swarms of rafters!), and had a nice picnic lunch and swim down by the lake. Our day trip ended by the boys getting us on the wrong road (we ended up in Georgia! ha!), but we found another beautiful park down there and enjoyed one last swim before heading home. It was nice to get off campus for awhile and enjoy the beautiful sunshine!
Have a blessed week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment