During the crusade, I helped by decorating, face-painting, playing with the kids, and dancing silly to lead them in songs. We were being so ridiculous, but having a wonderful time. Ill never forget one very young boy who came to have his face painted. After I painted his picture, he kept standing there. i figured he wanted another face painting, so I began on the other cheek. However, even as I began on the other kids, he stayed put looking at me adoringly. It made my heart feel so good to see such a sweet little boy appreciating my presence so much. It reminds me so much of how God wants us to feel about Him. Even though others are pushing us about, we need to stay adoringly focused on Jesus in order to find our joy.



As we finished, the most adorable little girl in a pink dress stopped to kiss my cheek. It was precious!!












After some lunch, we went back to the hotel to rest. Instead of resting, however, i went on with Jonathan and the girls to Hogar Esperanza (COG orphanage) to sort the gifts. We worked for two hours sorting the gifts, and finally had it right. I had the college kids come in a few at a time, and get backpacks to give. Since the children were not even expecting this, it was exciting to see their little faces light up! I gave Yosselin (5 yrs old) hers, and it was great to watch her open the thigns I got her. Her favorite things were the baby doll and headbands. I think the most interesting part of the gift giving however, was that the children were more excited about the picture Bibles than their toys!









When the gifts were opened, we made a circle around the children. They thanked us for their gifts, and even prayed over us for protection and blessing. It really moved my heart to see how much these children believed in the power of prayer. Angie has done a great job raising them, and it's such a blessing to see them so healthy and happy.


We left the home and took Angie to dinner after this. It was a neat little Honduran place with authentic food. It was so good! When we were done eating, a Mariachi band came in and played for us. We passed the sombrereo around and enjoyed the musica!! It was hilarious!

I love that no matter what hardships I see in the day, God continues to bring joy. I can still smile, and laugh, and be hopeful because of His great mercies and salvation in us. He is teaching me more and more every day just how important it is for us to love others and ourselves. As Mother Theresa put it, "We can do no great things... only small things with great love." I feel that this is so very true in our lives, especially as Christians. I want to live my life in love. Nothing more, and nothing less.

No comments:
Post a Comment