Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sorry!!

I know it's been over a month since I've properly posted, and I'm sorry! I will continue with the Honduras entries ASAP. But since my journal is upstairs with a sleeping roomie, an update is all I have to offer at this moment.

I'm now back at Lee and settling into Senior year. Life as I know it is finally settling back down, and we are off and running! We had a get together at my house last night to celebrate the beginning of it all, and we had a wonderful time. (Pics to follow soon!) I have some wonderful girlfriends, and am extremely blessed to have such a great support group!

Tonight, I worked with a colleague of mine who works in our outreach department on campus. She is the assistant of the director there, as I am the assistant for the campus pastor. We got a crew together, and went out to bring some hot meals and blankets to the homeless on the streets. It's been VERY cold here, and we wanted to make sure they had what they needed to survive the freeze.

We've been so blessed this semester by the Salvation Army. They have donated one of their canteen vans for us to have! They even help us with the upkeep, and stocking it properly.



Along with my friend, I've been asked to train on driving it so that we can lead more groups downtown Cleveland to help feed these people. I'm not exactly sure how good this will be, but if I can get the driving part down, the rest I'm okay with! haha! It looks to be a very promising ministry, and I am excited to be a part of this kickoff for it.

I've already started on Missions Week for next semester, and our country will be Nigeria. We have already had a pastor out there offer to put our students up for five whole days totally free of charge. Things are falling into place already! Please begin praying for us, as we begin the process all over again and prepare for the months ahead.

I love you all, and hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! I will try and update more now that I'm settled yet again. =D

No comments: