Thursday, December 11, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

Tomorrow morning we leave for Honduras. I am so excited! Last night we sorted out all of the Christmas presents and clothes for the kids in the orphanage, and it looks great. I'm going to check them one more time today, but it seems we're set. We also have 421 hygiene kits, as well as extra bibles and school supplies.



I found out last night that I will be one of the team leaders on the trip. I will be responsible for 10 students besides myself, and have to make sure everyone's where they need to be. So pray for me!! I know the next 10 days will be a lot of busyness, but it will also be a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my hands on those precious children, and share the love of God with them.



Please be sure to keep us in your prayers. Not only for safety, but also for God to work through us to give hope to those who we will come in contact with. Many of these people have never heard of Jesus, and we are praying for tender hearts to accept Him as their Savior. We will be preaching and doing dramas in the streets as well as in the orphanages, so we will come in contact with lots of people. Also pray the language barrier wouldn't stop the message from going out!!



Here's a photo for the day of some friends last night taken after we spent time hanging out. It's Shawna, me, Summer, Jesh, and his sister Sophia. It's our "family" photo.... haha!




I hope you all have a great next few weeks. Enjoy the holiday season... we have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: